- Jeff Bellune said:
Here is my summary of the issue:
1. You resize a window in the default Editing workspace.
2. Change to the default Audio workspace.
3. Change back to the Editing workspace - it returns with the resized window.
4. Select Window>Workspace>Reset Current Workspace and it goes back to the default Editing workspace, before you resized the window.
So far, so good, right?
Now if you do this:
1. From the default Editing workspace, resize a window.
2. Select Window>Workspace>New Workspace.
3. Give the "new" workspace a new name like "My Editing".
4. Resize some more windows.
5. Select Window>Workspace>Reset Current Workspace. The panel layout will return to what you saved as the new My Editing workspace.
6. Select the default Editing workspace, and the panel layout will return to the default layout, like it was before you started messing around with it.
7. If, in step 3, you named the "new" workspace "Editing", then you would overwrite the default layout that existed when you installed PPro.
If you mess up so badly after step 7 occurs that you can't stand the new layout, just go to the Layouts folder inside of the folder where your default project location is and delete all of the workspace .xml files inside the folder. PPro will rebuild the defaults on next launch.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.